The European Lab for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS) is looking for the next generation of top ML experts. The ELLIS PhD program, which has just opened the application portal for its 2020 call, aims to foster and train the best talent in machine learning related research areas by pairing outstanding students with leading academic and industrial researchers in Europe.
This interdisciplinary program, a key element of the ELLIS initiative, supports excellent PhDs across Europe by giving them access to leading research through boot camps, summer schools and workshops of the ELLIS programs. Every PhD student is supervised by one ELLIS fellow/scholar and one ELLIS member from a different country and conducts a 1 year exchange at the other location.
Research areas include (but are not limited to):
- Machine Learning Algorithms
- Machine Learning Theory
- Deep Learning
- Interactive and Online Learning
- Reinforcement Learning and Control
- Computer Vision
- Computer Graphics
- Human Computer Interaction
- Natural Language Processing
- Interpretability and Fairness
- Robust and Trustworthy ML
- Quantum and Physics based ML
- Symbolic Machine Learning
- Computational Neuroscience
- Earth and Climate Sciences
Interested candidates can now apply online through the dedicated application portal until December 1st, 2020.
- ELLIS PhD program 2020 call for applications: https://ellis.eu/de/news/ellis-phd-program-call-for-applications
- Application website: apply.ellis.eu
(register first at: apply.ellis.eu/registration/ellis_2020)
- Application deadline: December 1st, 2020, 23:59 CEST